Becoming a Member…
- Click the link to the American Sewing Guild for instructions on joining or renewing your membership by mail or online.
What Your ASG Membership Means to You
If you do nothing more than join:
From National Headquarters you will receive the following benefits:
From the Atlanta Chapter you will receive:
- the quarterly Atlanta Chapter newsletter “Sew It Goes”
- the annual directory of the Atlanta Chapter members
By participating in any Atlanta Chapter meetings:
You instantly collect a large number of new friends with similar interests to yours!
For the chapter-wide meetings:
- you join other Atlanta area sewing enthusiasts in a (low-cost or no-cost) unique experience planned and presented by the members of the chapter to educate, entertain, challenge and stimulate
- you attend programs featuring well-known experts (such as Shirley Adams and Pam Howard) with a discounted admission price. Non-members are also welcomed to these programs for a higher fee.
For neighborhood group meeting:
- you meet with a small group of other members in your area for an informal program presented by other members or guests
- you can bring your sewing related problems for advice and solutions
- you can borrow form the extensive Atlanta Chapter sewing library books and/or videos
- you can present a program along your line of major interest
- you can visit other Neighborhood Group meetings
For bimonthly business meetings:
- you learn how the chapter is governed and can get involved as the activities are planned
- you may join in the discussions and offer suggestion, although only Board members can vote
- you may volunteer for various committees or to assist others on the Board with a time commitment of as little as a few hours a month
If you visit other Chapters:
- you have all the privileges of that Chapter’s members extended to you
- your contact will direct you to retailers and places of mutual interest in their area
For more information about becoming a member of the American Sewing Guild – Atlanta Chapter, please contact our membership chair at email@example.com.