Becoming a Member…
- If you would like to join online via a secure signup page, do so through the American Sewing Guild website, click here to join.
- Otherwise, please open and print out the ASG Membership Form and mail it with your payment.
- You can also Renew Online.
What Your ASG Membership Means to You
If you do nothing more than join:
From National Headquarters you will receive:
- a membership card entitling you to discounts from selected national businesses (retailers, suppliers and publications), local retailers and for admission to both national and local events
- the quarterly publication “Notions”
- a registration package for the annual National convention
From the Atlanta Chapter you will receive:
- the bimonthly Atlanta Chapter newsletter “Sew It Goes”
- the annual directory of the Atlanta Chapter members
By participating in any Atlanta Chapter meetings:
You instantly collect a large number of new friends with similar interests to yours!
For the chapter-wide meetings:
- you join other Atlanta area sewing enthusiasts in a (low-cost or no-cost) unique experience planned and presented by the members of the chapter to educate, entertain, challenge and stimulate
- you attend programs featuring well-known experts (such as Shirley Adams and Pam Howard) with a discounted admission price. Non-members are also welcomed to these programs for a higher fee.
For neighborhood group meeting:
- you meet with a small group of other members in your area for an informal program presented by other members or guests
- you can bring your sewing related problems for advice and solutions
- you can borrow form the extensive Atlanta Chapter sewing library books and/or videos
- you can present a program along your line of major interest
- you can visit other Neighborhood Group meetings
For bimonthly business meetings:
- you learn how the chapter is governed and can get involved as the activities are planned
- you may join in the discussions and offer suggestion, although only Board members can vote
- you may volunteer for various committees or to assist others on the Board with a time commitment of as little as a few hours a month
If you visit other Chapters:
- you have all the privileges of that Chapter’s members extended to you
- your contact will direct you to retailers and places of mutual interest in their area
For more information about becoming a member of the American Sewing Guild – Atlanta Chapter, please contact our membership chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.