March 2018 5th Saturday Sew – Garment Sew-In
On Saturday, March 31st, we will hold a “Fifth Saturday” Sew-In. What’s a Sew-In? It’s a day to come together to focus on sewing. For this particular day we encourage garment sewing. The benefit of sew-ins and retreats is generous hands that will assist with pinning or fitting a garment,or help solve a pattern riddle. Although we’re focusing on garments you are welcome to work on any project. If you are attending the Peggy Sagers Pants Fitting class this will be a timely opportunity to finish up your pants!
Registration will be available on MyGrove and the Facebook Private Group beginning March 1.
A suggested donation of $5.00 for room fee is appreciated.
Please contact Janine Maffett if you wish to bring a non-member as a guest. Maximum attendance is 20.
* Folding chairs (some people like to bring a cushion)
* Irons and ironing boards (bring a press cloth if you have delicate fabrics)
* Camaraderie and company!
* Machine(s), power cord, foot pedal
* Fabric, thread, etc.
* Cutting implements (scissors, rotary cutter, mat). There is table space for cutting mats
* Surge protector or multi-outlet if needed (we have power but it may be convenient for you to have a multi-outlet cord)
* Your lunch, snacks, drinks. There is a small fridge.