In-the-Hoop Embroidery Monogram Crossbody Bag
with Edie Gribler
EDIE GRIBLER is owner and designer for Embroidery by EdytheAnne www.inthehoopembroiderydesigns.com
In this class you will learn how to make a monogrammed quilted crossbody bag in the hoop with unexposed seams. The only part completed on sewing machine is the strap (and can be completed prior to class). You will learn how to insert a zipper on your embroidery machine plus adding the lining all while still In The Hoop.
The Crossbody Bag features:
- Quilted and Zippered front.
- Embroidered Monogram with optional applique center and motif border
- Optional inside pocket or outside pocket.
- Small measures 4 ½” x 6 ½” – 5×7 Hoop
- Medium measures 5 ½” x 7 ¾” – 6×10 Hoop
- Large measures 6 ½” x 9” – 7×12 Hoop
You will need to bring:
- Several coordinated fabrics – front, back, inside lining & optional pockets Do not bring slippery fabrics such as satin or taffeta. Cotton quilt type fabrics work best.
- Small fabric piece for the appliqué square under the monogram
- Coordinated threads of your choice for monogram & quilt design, plus the candlewick motif.
Included in kit fee:
- Lobster Claws in Silver finish
- D-Rings in Silver finish
- Design files so you can make more! (because you will want to!)
Applicable Sewing Level: Confident Beginner
Supply list for class supplied by e-mailed upon registration. Embroidery machine must be minimum 5×7 hoop for smallest bag.
COST = $65 ($75 Non-members), Includes $20 Kit fee. Registration fee is NON- REFUNDABLE unless there is a waiting list. Registration begins on-line June 11, 2018 www.asgatlanta.org and ends on August 01, 2018. Registration is limited to 25 participants.
Contact Melanie Leigh firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.